Black Earth and Mazomanie Summer Recreation
July 02, 2014
Elise Schaffer, PIO Phone:(608) 284-6142
Keeping young children occupied in the summer is always a challenge for parents. The annual summer recreation program put on by the Dane County Sheriff’s Office, along with Dane County’s Joining Forces for Families and the Dane County Deputy Sheriff’s Association can help.
Black Earth and Mazomanie Police Departments gear the program for children entering second grade or older, younger children can attend if accompanied by an adult. The events are free and registration forms can be picked up at the respective police departments. The six-week program offers both fun and educational activities from 12:30 to 2:30 pm on Tuesdays.
- July 8th– Lee’s Tae Kwon Do and Shenanigans – Mazomanie PD
- July 15th– CSI, Scavenger Hunt and Kickball – Lions Park
- July 22nd– Pool Day and Water Safety – Mazomanie Pool
- July 29th– DCSO Safety Day – Mazomanie PD
- August 5th– Brick4kidz and DCSO K9 Unit – Mazomanie PD
- August 12th– Laser Tag and Rocky Rococo’s – Madison (transportation provided)
Bus transportation from Black Earth will be provided from the Black Earth Municipal Building leaving at 12:15 pm. For more information parents can call the Black Earth Police Department at (608) 767-4904 or Mazomanie Police Department at (608) 767-2762.