Dane County Sheriff’s Office Annual Awards Ceremony
April 17, 2008
Contact: Elise Schaffer, PIO
Phone: (608) 284-6142
Dane County Sheriff David Mahoney is proud to announce the recipients of the Sheriff’s Office Annual Awards. The yearly awards ceremony is an opportunity to recognize deputies, citizens and local businesses for their acts of courage, accomplishment, and contributions to the Dane County Sheriff’s Office and the community as a whole.
Citizen’s Awards will be presented to:
· Adam’s Outdoor Advertising – for volunteering billboard space to help solve the Francine Tate missing person case.
· Arneson Auto – Gene Arneson – for his efforts to help a Dane County Deputy injured in the line of duty.
· James Hayes of Cross Plains and James Weitzel of Waunakee – for rendering aid to the victim of a car crash in the town of Springfield.
· InterLink Funding, LCC – for their financial contributions to the Sheriff’s Office K-9 Unit.
· Mounds Pet Food Warehouse – for their support of the Sheriff’s Office K-9 Unit.
· Pizza Hut of Southern Wisconsin – for organizing a highly successful fundraiser to benefit the Sheriff’s Office K-9 Unit.
· Wal-Mart – for a $1,000 donation from their Safe Neighborhood Grant.
Life Saving Awards will be presented to the following deputies:
· Joseph Carril, of Oregon
· Michael Schultz, of Poynette
· George Mayerhofer, of Madison
· Sabrina Sims, of Sun Prairie
The Valor Award will be presented to deputies:
· Todd Endl, of Waunakee
· Michael Kitts, of Madison
Exceptional Service Commendations will be given to deputy’s:
· Coy Bethel, of Oregon
· Mary Butler, of McFarland
· David Dohnal, of Verona
· Bill Hendrickson, of Oregon
· Thor Spilde, of McFarland
· Randy Wiessinger, of Sun Prairie
· Brian Mrochek, of Blue Mounds
· Brian Wilder, of Portage
· Kathy Wessel, of Sun Prairie
· Linda Kohlmeyer, of Sun Prairie
· Gary Vandivier, of Madison
Outstanding Service Commendations will be presented to:
· Deputy David Cattanach, of Waunakee
· Systems Coordinator Patricia Imhoff, of Monona
The ceremony to take place on Thursday, April 24th at 1:00 pm in room 1000 (Jury Assembly Room) in the lower level of the Dane County Courthouse. Congratulations to all of the recipients.